When thinking about Botox injections, we usually assume that it is women who have it to reduce their wrinkles. However, men can also have this treatment to ensure those wrinkles don’t become a problem – and to look younger. In fact, men’s faces tend to wrinkle more than women’s because their skin is thicker and they rarely use skin lotions on their face except for some aftershave. Add to this the fact that more men spend more time outdoors in harsh, sunny conditions due to their work or play, they tend to have more wrinkles.
This is not necessarily a bad thing, since wrinkles are just a normal part of aging, but for men who are in the public eye a lot, it can be embarrassing, especially if they are still young. Having Botox can alleviate the problem to a great extent, even if it doesn’t get rid of those deeper lines. It can still soften them out so they are not as visible.
The same rules apply for men getting Botox as apply to women. Only have it done by a fully trained professional in a medical setting for the best result. Men should also have realistic expectations of the treatment. They should understand that: –
- Botox does not last forever; it lasts from between 3 and 5 months.
- Botox injections freeze the muscles in the face so they don’t move.
- If it’s not done properly it can prevent any expression.
- It can also cause other wrinkles to appear.
- Men are more likely to need a larger dose of Botox because their muscles tend to work more and be bigger.
- There are few side effects and if you get some, they usually don’t last long. That said, you should always have them checked out by the doctor who did the procedure.
- You need to tell the doctor what medication or supplements you are taking before having the procedure.
- Don’t go and work out at the gym straight after having the treatment.
- Don’t have a hot shower either, as this can move the Botox to another place and give a different result.
- The full results will not be seen for about two weeks.
It’s a good idea to have a before and after shot taken of your face so you can compare the two. Sometimes, Botox does not give you the result you expected, but it is often difficult to remember just what you looked like before having it. A photo will allow for a proper comparison and if you don’t like what you seen there is no reason to return and have more in three months. That said, the girls could go crazy over your new look, so you’ll be sure to line up another appointment when the time is right.