So what happens if you have dermal filler treatment that doesn’t work, in that the good first results disappear within a few weeks instead of lasting for as long as they are supposed to? This can happen if your body works extra efficiently in removing extraneous material – possibly people with fast metabolism may find this happens.
Don’t worry. There are alternatives to Juvederm that may work a whole lot better for you. So you don’t have to suffer from those wrinkles after all, but it is essential to discuss the alternatives with your doctor before going ahead. He will be able to suggest a drug that is in his considered opinion, likely to give better results that the Juvederm, which after all is made mainly from a substance normally found in the body, so can often be absorbed more quickly than a foreign substance.
Here are some of the other drugs that can be used in dermal fillers. In some cases they are different forms of Juvederm that may work better for a specific reason.
- Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus can be used so long as you didn’t have an allergic reaction to Juvederm. They are more dense that the normal Juvederm and so will last longer in the body.
- Restylane – produced in a sterile laboratory from non-animal hyaluronic acid, it is used in cases where allergic reaction may be suspected. It lasts 6 months or more.
- Perlane – is used for deeper wrinkles and while made from the same material as above, the particles are larger and so can be injected more deeply. It is not advised for the lip area.
- Volift – is a variation of Juvederm containing lidocaine to help with the pain of the injection.
Vobella – Another offering from Allergan the company that makes Juvederm, Vobella has both large and small particles that make it suitable for the delicate lip area as well as deeper wrinkles.
- Voluma – is ideal for work on the cheek area of the face where gauntness can occur.
- Vital Light – Restylane’s Vital Light product is ideal for younger skin or more delicate areas such as the décolletage or neck. It can be used safely on the back of the hands.
- Vital Pen – Restylane’s Vital Pen allows injections of larger areas more comfortably, especially the delicate neck area.
Radiesse – gives a lifting and firming effect on wrinkled areas as well as smoothing them out. It also rejuvenates the skin.
- Sculptra – this is different from the hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in that it is made from injectable poly-L-lactic acid, a liquid that works to stimulate your body’s collagen production, with the result that your skin has improved elasticity and resiliency as well as better shape.
These are just a few of the options that are available in dermal fillers.